Monday, August 19, 2013

80% Chinese nationalize now

Hello everyone!

Sorry it's been awhile since I've last posted, I haven't been recruited to join the PLA (People's Liberation Army) or anything.  I've been lounging around for a couple days, trying to rest and get over some running pains.

But, most recently I've been doing some light traveling.  I went to Hangzhou for a day to see my friend, and was fortunate to have her tour guide in training friend to take us around Hangzhou and see West Lake. I just got back from Nanjing today.  I spend two days there taking care of school business and what not.  So let me elaborate on my short excursions.






















Hangzhou:

It was kind of an impulsive decision to go, I called up a friend asked her if she would be the next day to take me around.  I must praise China for it public transportation infrastructure, it so convenient to travel from one city to another, and even inter-city travel is convenient to an extent.  I took the high speed train from Shanghai to Hangzhou which took roughly about two hours.  When I got there, I was unsure what I wanted to do exactly, not the best idea, but not the worst.  Luckily, as I mentioned before, I had an local Hangzhou'er take me around and explain the history of Hangzhou to me.  I forgot to mention, I took a 3-people tandem bike ride. I'll have a video of it when I do my next vlog.
















Nanjing:

Hot, Hot, Hot, along with a nagging mom.  The city is not what I expected, it's a lot more developed. Fun fact of the day, the 2014 Asian youth Olympics will be hosted by Nanjing.  Anyways, I spent two days looking for a suitable apartment.  I'm not too pick, but the most important thing I looked at was a clean and decent sized bathroom.  After the fifth apartment, I loved the bathroom,  new and clean.  I had to have the apartment. After about an hour of discussing price and other conditions, it was settled.  The price isn't ideal but I had to have it.  I'll have picture or a video tour of my apartment soon. I have a cell phone and bank account.  All I need is to register with the police office for a long term resident or whatever, and I'll be an almost Chinese citizen.

I'll be leaving for Shenzhen in a few days, so I'll be sure to take lots of picture.  Bungie jump on the 26th!!! There definitely will be a video and pictures of that.

School is starting up for all my senior friends, sorry I can't spend our senior year together.  Have a great start of the semester everyone!

-MC

No comments:

Post a Comment