Sunday, March 16, 2014

Race Countdown: T-Minus 6 days

For all you basketball junkies out there, I just finished my bracket. I have a Big Ten team going all the way, but mainly picked teams advancing by gut feeling. It’s sad not to see my Hoosiers in this year’s tournament, but we always have next year.

 

Less than a week away from my first race of the year, I’m actually more nervous about this race than the marathon in Shanghai. Preparation has been… lacking. Granted it’s a 10k, but I want to have a killer time. My last 5k race was just under 23 minutes and my goal this time is sub 45 for a 10k. Looking at a 21/24 split, so let’s pray I can stick to that plan. I lost my watch back in Nanjing when I was swimming in the nasty pool, so time keeping has been non-existent during runs. I’ll just have to look extra sexy during the race, if you can’t beat’em, look good trying.

 

Speaking of looking good, I recently picked up my suit that I had made. I was hoping to get the old man with a tape measure hanging from his neck service, but instead I get a cute, little Asian girl, disappointed and happy at the same time.

 

I’m two months into the internship now, only 2 more months to go, then a little small vacation, and then finally back to America.

 

Have a safe spring break everyone.

 

-MC

 

No comments:

Post a Comment