Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring in Shenzhen A.K.A Pre-Summer

Hello Hello,

It's better a pretty hectic week since my last posting.  I was doing a lot prep work for the event that my company was hosting last week. I got to break in the new suit so that was a plus. I looked pretty damn good in a suit, although I look pretty good in my birthday suit as well :).

There's something that I want to vent about for a minute or two. What gives a person the right to tell me what I can and can't do. For instance, my co-worker asked me what I wanted to do after this internship. I naturally said graduate and get a job in the states or China. He literally said you won't be able to get a job here, one because of companies wanting a "foreigner" presence, and second if I were to find a job here in China, I would be basically paid minimum wage. No it wasn't an misinterpretation of language, he said all of this in English, which is another issue I have with him. It's difficult to put into words, how I feel about this. It literally has bothered me all weekend. Since in college, I never have told someone you can't do this or that intentionally. Everyone has dreams and aspirations, while some are far-fetched or unrealistic it always important to be supportive. You may believe it's impossible, it's someone's dream, and I'm no dream destroyer.

I've been approached by two people wanting business advice from me since I've been here in China. While one was a typical business idea with a plan and idea, the other was something that went against my ethics, but I never told his person what he was doing was wrong, rather advised him to go a more positive/legal/ethical way of doing business. Point is being someone who I work with, someone I should be looking up to, learning from, someone who should be supportive of what I do, you are setting a poor example and a poor reflection of the company. Regardly whether it's during work or not, it not your place to tell me it not possible or "not you're not good enough"-like crap.

Alright enough of my rant to good stuff. So went on a business trip to Shanghai this past week, got to meet up with my running buddy, Maddie, had dinner and delicious double chocolate beer. The week before that I finished the LiNing 10k, I didn't finished as good as I hoped, but I finished. Dim Sum post-race refuel, with my new girlfriend (yes, it's a official now) and a coworker (different from the abovementioned).

Besides the trouble with the one co-worker, everything is really great. Dim Sum once a week at least, wonderful new girlfriend. And nasty, hot weather.

Until next time.

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment