Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas in the PRC

Well its the eve of the eve of the eve of Christmas eve, and awhile most of you in the States are enjoying your holiday, I am not so lucky.  I have class until January something, and I have class on Christmas! What sorcery is this? Oh right, I'm in China, where Christmas isn't a thing unless you're spend time in a shopping mall. 

Funny story, not so much funny as to a story. So there was this couple in China doing a little bit of shopping, actually some hardcore "Black Friday shopping." The boyfriend complaining to his girlfriend that he has had enough and that he wants to go home. Everyone in the mall could hear them argue, and the news said that he was carrying handfuls of bags.  After he had enough, he just jumped. Moral lesson of the day. Be patience with your girlfriend, cause there is no afternoon delight in the afterlife. 

Anyways, I'm too lazy to finish my final paper, so I thought I would come write a quick little post. Only 3 more weeks until I'm out of Nanjing and back to Shanghai, I can't wait, but I am kind of sad to leave Nanjing. I wasn't until today, I realized that I've met so many great people, and that I've made some what of an impact in their lives. I'll miss them when I finally have to part. It really has been a great semester here, it may be a crap place to live, but it's full of wonderful people... and crappy alcohol. 

Well back to my paper/death, until next time.

-MC

No comments:

Post a Comment