Monday, December 2, 2013

4 hour and 20 minutes later...

I completed my first marathon.  Not too happy with the time, but I'm happy that it's over and that I finished. 

First things first, thank you to my wonderful friend and running comrade Maddie, without her I don't think I would have been motivated to train in China. 

Anyways, a little about the marathon. It was in Shanghai, the place where both my parents are from and the city where I can actually use my dialect. Since China uses the metric system, all the distance markers where in the metric system, so by the time I'm at 26, I had to remember I'm only at mile 15, roughly. I did less math during the race because of all the converting, maybe if I didn't think so hard I could have done better. Haha.  What can I say, must be the asian part of me, always wanting to do math.

I had a couple times during the race, where I thought I wasn't going to make, the legs started to give up, but slowing down and stretching helped.  I rather have a crappy time, than not finish at all, that was most important to finish. 

After the marathon, I literally passed out at the restaurant for about 20 mins and then again at the train station and then again on the train. One last thing, stairs.... are the devil. 

Marathon complete, one more thing checked off my bucket list. 

Until next time,

-MC




No comments:

Post a Comment